15 December 2008

On the scene in Baghdad

Independent blogger/journalist Michael J. Totten has a fantastic article about a manhunt in the dark in Baghdad:
“If your men conduct any raids,” I said to Captain Todd Looney at Combat Outpost Ford on the outskirts of Sadr City, Baghdad, “I want to go.”

“We might have something come up,” he said. “If so, I'll get you out there.”

Less than an hour later, one of the most dangerous terrorist leaders in all of Iraq was spotted holding a meeting at a house in the area. An arrest warrant had already been issued by the government of Iraq, and Captain Looney's company was the closest to his location. They would be the ones to go get him.

“Do you still have room for me?” I said.

“Get your gear,” Captain Looney said."


Trust me, it's worth your 30-45 minutes.

By: Brant

No comments: