04 March 2011

How Not to Make a Multiplayer Game

PopMatters just posted an in-depth analysis of multi-player game play comparing the Call of Duty series, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (my favorite military shooter), and Medal of Honor (a disappointing game that I was hoping would be much better than it is).


I completely agree with the author's points. I wish I would've written this, but lately, I've only had time for the following:


  • Call of Duty: Black Ops: "This is just way too over the top for me. I'm not playing it any more."
  • Medal of Honor: "I had such high hopes for this game. The single-player game is awesome but way too short. The multi-player game is a huge disappointment."
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2: "I love this game, but it's getting stale. When is Battlefield 3 coming out again?"

By: Guardian

2 comments:

Boris said...

Hmm we seem to hear a lot about CoD, MoH etc here and on armchair general but virtually nothing about the "proper" shooters, I would have thought military focused writers would be turning their noses up at the whole "bunnyhop around spraying and praying, whoops just took a few rounds of 7.62 to the face, better hide behind this rock for a few seconds" deal.
May I suggest you look into writing something on Red Orchestra, or the Arma games? I would imagine they'd appeal to your demographic, post back if I can be of any help.

Cheers

Boris said...

PS
Don't get me wrong, Bad Company has excellent multiplayer on it's own merits ;)